Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: October 16, 2020
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
DUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Education Requirements: High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 3 years’ electrical experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Associates degree, military training, and/or related experience is a plus.
- Position requires strong mechanical and electrical maintenance skills in troubleshooting and repair of chemical plant and nylon fiber processing equipment.
- Computer Skills: SAP, MS Office.
- Experience with: Provox, PLCs, AC&DC Drives a plus.
- Precision maintenance background a plus.
SC WorkKeys Math, Reading and Locating with a score of 4 or higher, Electrical Skills and Mechanical Aptitude.
- Problem Solving: Probes all fruitful sources for answers; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers; can see hidden problems, uses rigorous logic and methods to solve different problems with effective solutions.
- Action Oriented: Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; seizes more opportunities than others; enjoys working hard; not fearful of acting with a minimum amount of planning.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Integrity & Trust: Is seen as a direct and truthful individual; is widely trusted; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes and doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Must work where the noise level requires hearing protection.
- May be exposed to various hazards such as corrosive chemicals (acetic acid for autoclave acid boil), steam, molten polymer, equipment related dangers, etc.
- Routine safety equipment: long sleeves, safety shoes, hard hat, ear plugs/muffs, safety glasses
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push/pull buggies or carts up to 200 lbs.
- Ability to carry 25 lbs. or less.
- Capable of climbing flights of stairs or ladders.
- Working at heights
- Capable of walking/standing 8-10 hours per day.
The Electrician position is responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. This position ensures that work is in accordance with relevant codes. May install or service lights, intercom systems, or electrical control systems. Works under general supervision.
(This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed.)
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains electrical distribution systems including electric motors, and electric controls on systems 460V.
- Ensures emergency electrical systems are operational; performs certification testing on alarm systems.
- Monitors work done by outside contractors for adherence to NEC (National Electric Code) and reports back to supervisor.
- Maintains appropriate service and repair records.
- Assists with purchases and inventories for equipment parts, chemicals and supplies.
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service.
- Reads blueprints or technical diagrams before doing work.
- Inspects electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustments or repairs, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advises management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices.
- Repairs or replaces wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Follows state and local building regulations based on the NEC and applicable Ascend Performance Materials standards.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Possess basic mechanical skills with the ability to assist Maintenance Mechanics as needed.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Comply with all safety/health related policies and procedures, participate in company sponsored safety programs and activities, and report to management those conditions or actions by employees or others that might create a hazard to themselves or others in the plant. Reports any work-related injury or illness, no matter how minor, to their supervisor or lead.
- Maintain housekeeping on assigned machines and in areas.
- Assist in machine start-ups and shutdowns.
- Must be able to work call-ins, unscheduled hours, and overtime as needed.
Apply on company website.
1515 Hwy 246 S
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.