Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: January 6, 2020
Organization: Riverbanks Zoo &amp; Garden
Location: Columbia Area
City: Columbia, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $18.90/hour Benefits: Riverbanks Zoo offers a generous benefits package including medical insurance, paid holidays/vacation/sick time, state retirement plan, and more.
High school graduate with vocational/technical school training in HVAC courses with three to five years of experience in troubleshooting, repairing and installing HVAC systems; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Must be certified to purchase and recycle refrigerant gases. Must possess or be eligible for a valid SC driver's license. Must be available to work weekends and on call as needed.
Ambassador Commitment: Create meaningful connections and inspire actions that will have a lasting impact on conservation.
Responsibilities: Given objectives set by the Director of Facilities Maintenance, is responsible for diagnosing, maintaining and repairing various heating, air conditioning and refrigeration devices and systems.
- Replaces or repairs various industrial equipment, heat pumps, air conditioning units, electric strip heat, gas boilers, domestic refrigerators, water coolers, cold generators, window units, ventilation systems, chill water units, and life support systems for various animals, fish, and reptiles.
- Performs regular maintenance and preventative maintenance tasks, such as charging systems with refrigerant, replacing parts, changing filters, lubricating motors and parts, cleaning fan coils, blowing out condensation lines, etc.
- Monitors and maintains energy management system to include, entering weekly schedules for facility and rental events, analyzing data from system for troubleshooting, monitoring system from home via mobile device.
- Receives and reviews various records and reports such as maintenance requests, billing invoices, shipping invoices, technical study reports, architectural drawings, electrical diagrams, pressure temperature charts, etc.
- Utilizes a wide array of tools such as sheet metal tools, carpentry tools, electrical tools, mechanical tools, masonry tools, plumbing tools, HVAC tools, computers, refrigerant recovery machine, various electronic testing equipment, leaks detectors, phones system testing and analyzing equipment, etc.
- Works as a member of the maintenance team on various projects, completing HVAC and general maintenance and construction tasks.
- Responsible for responding to after hours and weekend HVAC equipment outages per the direction of the Director of Facilities Maintenance.
500 Wildlife Parkway
Columbia, SC 29210
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.