Industrial Design Intern (Summer 2021)
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: March 13, 2020
Organization: Hubell Lighting
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a[n Associate], Bachelors or Masters degree in Industrial Design (e.g. Marketing, Business, Business Administration, Sales, International Business, or related degree)
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Hubbell Lighting (HLI) is committed to elevating the lighting experience.
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 10 to 12 week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
*Note - this is not a position for Industrial Engineering*
The Industrial Design Intern position offers a variety of opportunities including supporting the organization in the development and implementation of its marketing and business development plans. Industrial Design Interns will typically support one or more experienced marketing teams in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the Marketing department. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Hubbell community.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
Roles and Responsibilities will vary by Hubbell business location, but may include the following:
- Gained knowledge of the industry as it pertains to the Hubbell business location
- Experience in planning and organizational skills
- Review current marketing program activities to make recommendations for changes/improvement opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Detailed roles and responsibilities will be outlined dependent on business Group, location and the project outlined
- The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
701 Millennium Blvd
Greenville, SC 29607
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.