INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: March 8, 2019
Organization: International Paper
City: LAURENS CONTAINER - UNITED STATES - South Carolina
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: International Paper offers a full benefit package Starting pay for a qualified Maintenance Technician - $22.57/hour with a $.25/hour differential for 3rd
- Individual must have a strong mechanical aptitude and possess 3+ years of direct industrial mechanic experience - preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Applicant must successfully complete mechanical qualification tests, physical and drug screen, employment verification, and criminal background check.
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Repair, modify, and overhaul all mechanical equipment including: pneumatic, hydraulic machine tools, gear driven, and equipment
- Correct malfunctions in hydraulic, vacuum and compressed air systems and adjust general controls and regulators
- Maintain a wide variety of specialized equipment such as: Die Cutter, Corrugator, etc
- Machines, brazes, welds, and solders parts as required
- Produce precision metal parts using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and spindles
- Installs and commissions of new equipment
- Read and interpret diagrams and blue prints
- Maintain plant PM procedures
- Coordinate with other trades to minimize interruption and down time on equipment
- Electrical knowledge/experience
- Must have your own tools
- 24/7 work schedule 3rd shift