Industrial Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: August 1, 2015
Organization: BD, Becton Dickinson
City: Sumter, SC
Website: View Website
Required Knowledge / Skills:
Must be able to interpret and comprehend basic ladder logic order to use PLC as a troubleshooting tool
Must be able to comprehend and adhere to specifications, procedures, requirements both written and verbal
Education / Experience:
Vocational/Technical School required. Associates Degree in Industrial Electronics preferred.
Experience in high-speed manufacturing required; medical device manufacturing experience is highly desirable
Work Keys Skill Requirements: Applied Technology-4; Locating Information-5; Observation-5; Reading for Information-5
Responsible for set-up and maintenance of all electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems on equipment used in the production process. Works directly with the Engineering Group to monitor and improve processes for output and waste levels. Responsible for providing leadership and ownership of process performance issues.
1. Provide support to set-up and maintain pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems on production equipment. Responsible for the maintenance of all electrical systems used on production equipment.
2. Responsible for preventive maintenance on designated production equipment as specified in the PM Program or as required to ensure a smooth operation.
3. Assists Engineering with the installation, debugging, and start-up of all production equipment.
4. Maintains equipment logs on assigned equipment, recording pertinent information about downtime and maintenance problems. Documents all process changes.
5. (Sharps Department Only) Responsible for mixing silicone/solvent based formulation which is used for the lubrication of needles. Uses viscometer to ensure solids percentage remains within acceptable parameters.
6. Supports Engineering in maintaining and adjusting vision systems within defined parameters.
7. Provide leadership to ensure all safety and environmental procedures and Quality System Requirements(QSR) are maintained.
8. Provides Production Supervisors with relevant information on equipment and process performance, to include production and waste information.
9. Provide leadership to other associates in troubleshooting production equipment.
10. Coordinates and supports other maintenance activities as required.
Performs other miscellaneous duties as directed by Supervisor or as required to support the business.