Industrial Millwright Helper - Austin Industrial
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: August 31, 2020
Organization: Austin Industrial
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Austin Industrial, Inc. delivers premier maintenance, construction, and soft craft services to the nation’s leading producers of oil, gas & chemicals; energy; and manufactured goods. As a merit shop, employee-owned company that self-performs more than 95% of a typical project scope, we pride ourselves on helping our customers maximize their return on investment.
Summary: Assists the Journeyman Millwright with installations, repairs, replacements and dismantling of machinery and heavy equipment used in industrial settings. This is accomplished by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Connect power unit to machines or steam piping to equipment, and test unit to evaluate its mechanical operation.
- Repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
- Position steel beams to support bedplates of machines and equipment, using blueprints and schematic drawings, to determine work procedures.
- Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools.
- Assemble machines, and bolt, weld, rivet, or otherwise fasten them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill.
- Bolt parts, such as side and deck plates, jaw plates, and journals, to basic assembly unit.
- Level bedplate and establish centerline, using straightedge, levels, and transit.
- Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
- Shrink-fit bushings, sleeves, rings, liners, gears, and wheels to specified items, using portable gas heating equipment.
Austin is an EOE, Drug Free Work Place, and participates in E-Verify
Apply on company website
4260 Orchard Park Blvd
Spartanburg, SC 29303
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.