Inventory Analyst - 1st Shift
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: September 25, 2020
Organization: Caterpillar Hodges Casting Products
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: This is an hourly position with an entry wage of $19.31/hour
- 2-year degree or 5+ years of related work experience in Materials Operations, Packaging or Planning.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to perform repetitive operations
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- At least 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Supply chain experience
- Intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Intermediate proficiency in Material Tracking systems
- Production planning experience
- Vendor management experience
- Plan for supplier material deliveries, track information on suppliers including replenishment schedules, and monitor packaging quantities and usage.
- Prepare inventory reports and determine the quantity and order date for materials needed to meet the master production schedule.
- Initiate purchase or production requisitions as appropriate.
- Create and review procedures for distribution and inventory management to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost.
- Ensures purchased material is ordered, shipped and delivered to meet scheduled build requirements while maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
- Use of multiple Caterpillar information systems to track and plan for material, inventory, and shipping.
- May prepare receiving report and note record shortages and damaged materials. Prepares and/or assembles required shipping documents.
- Investigate and resolve receiving discrepancies and notify appropriate personnel of results or required actions.
- Analyze product workflow and develops logistics plans that affect production, distribution, and inventory. Creates and reviews procedures for distribution and inventory management.
- May communicate with suppliers daily to expedite, stop, or change the delivery of materials.
- May rotate to various positions within the Job Function area to perform related activities.
- Root cause corrective action
- Follows and utilizes CPS principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea Reporting, Waste Elimination, and Standard Work.
108 Corporate Cst
Hodge, SC 29653
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.