IT Desktop Support Analyst
Date Posted: June 8, 2022
Deadline: July 8, 2022
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: At Eaton, we know that good benefit plans are important to employees and their families. In addition to a competitive base salary, Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits at a Glance.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years of IT experience.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which may be subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Associate Degree or Bachelor's Degree in business or technology.
- ITIL, MCSA, or comparable certification.
- 5 plus years of IT experience supporting Windows operating systems and PCs.
- Other IT Infrastructure (working knowledge) – network, servers, storage, phone systems
- Miscellaneous Equipment used in manufacturing locations such as bar code scanners, specialized printers, industrial PCs, RF Scanners, etc.
- Customer Service experience.
- Use of ticketing system and meeting Service Level Agreements
- IT Service Management - Asset Management, Incident Management, Request Management, Problem Management and Change Management.
- Intermediate level phone skills to provide support virtually.
- With minimal supervision of a supervisor or senior peer, participate in Merger and Acquisition activities such as site closure, opening and relocation.
- May be contacted after hours for emergencies.
Join Eaton’s Information Technology Team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects, and new platforms. We are currently seeking an IT Analyst to join our team. This position is based in Greenwood, SC.
The IT Analyst is responsible for providing client infrastructure (PC, Laptop, PC/Laptop Peripheral, Mobile Device, Printers) support with minimal supervision of a supervisor or senior peer. Customers include all of Eaton’s internal IT users within a specific geographic Zone. This includes monitoring Incident and Request queues and meeting defined SLAs for Incident and Request resolution.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will:
- Deploy, configure and 2nd/3rd level support mobile devices, printers, PC/laptop hardware, PC/laptop operating system and standard productivity software for internal IT users at locations within a geographic Zone.
- Follow standard ITSM processes of Asset Management, Change Management, Incident Management, Request Management, Problem Management and Project Management to serve internal IT users and drive high performance against operational metrics.
- Handle PC Lifecycle Management, including Provisioning, Asset Management and Disposal. May also assist with disposal of other IT assets.
- Participate in application, infrastructure, security and OpEx initiatives and support activities as needed related to site infrastructure that requires physical on-site presence, interaction with site personnel and/or expertise about site-based IT systems.
- Provide “smart hands” and eyes support for other infrastructure located outside of the sites you support on behalf of the Infrastructure SME teams.
- Participate in annual Risk Assessment and Profit Planning activities, including Disaster Recovery Reviews.
- Assist with support of various site-based IT systems that are not supported by Enterprise IT teams. This varies widely from site to site.
- Influence IT budgeting, forecasting, and spending for SIS and Site IT budgets.
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
2210 Hwy 72 221 E
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.