IT Support Specialist
Date Posted: May 13, 2022
Deadline: June 13, 2022
Organization: Greenwood Genetic Center
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of networking concepts (routing, switching, VLANs, wireless)
- Basic understanding of security and exploits (phishing, antivirus, malware)
- Basic understanding of printers and print services
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office and 365
- Good understanding of Active Directory
- Good understanding of CAT5 and CAT6 wiring standards
- Good understanding of computer hardware components and peripherals (hard drives, memory, power supplies, CPUs, video cards, PCI slots, system boards)
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols and services (RDP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SSH, Telnet, ICMP-ping-traceroute)
- Strong understanding of safety as it relates to computer repair
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to share information in a team environment
- Willingness to travel to satellite offices within South Carolina
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree required; or certifications [Network+, Security+] and two years of experience in the IT field.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field preferred.
- Must be comfortable with climbing a ladder
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Must be comfortable with standing for extended periods
The IT Support Specialist will work to provide technical assistance related to computer hardware and software as well as other technology tools and products, and to participate in the operation of the IT helpdesk supporting GGC staff members.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Provide support for users and resolve helpdesk tickets
- Install new hardware and software and maintain existing components
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with user devices and peripheral equipment
- Review manufacturers’ specifications on connections and methods to locate problems
- Perform software installations and updates
- Document new processes and essential procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
106 Gregor Mendel Cir
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.