Licensed/Experienced Veterinary Technicians
Date Posted: February 2, 2022
Deadline: March 31, 2022
Organization: Columbia Veterinary Emergency Trauma and Specialty
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patient Care, including but not limited to:
- Taking vital signs
- Patient medical history
- Specimen collection and performing laboratory procedures.
- Performing emergency first aid
- Administration of medication under the direction of a veterinarian
- Taking X-ray’s, MRI’s, and CT Scans
- Patient preparation for surgical procedures
- Performs patient intake and discharge protocols as required
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Proactively communicate patient status to oncoming shift and frequently with doctors to facilitate the highest level of patient care.
- Identify issues and opportunities proactively with resolution focus
- Supports team effort to realize goals
- Follows all expectations outlined in team member handbook and safety guidelines
- Utilizes equipment safely and reports equipment malfunction or defect quickly
- Is dependable and reliable in work performance and attendance
- Performs documentation and record keeping with a high level of accuracy and proficiency
- Other duties as assigned
1321 Oakcrest Dr.
Columbia, SC 29223
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.