Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 12, 2020
Organization: City of Newberry
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Compensation based on experience and certifications: $15.58 - $26.20 per hour.
Minimum Skills and Requirements:
• High school diploma or GED supplemented by one (1) to two (2) years of progressively responsible technical experience in electrical line work; or equivalent combination that provides knowledge, ability and skills.
• SC driver’s license, preferred CDL Class-A; or ability to attain within 6 months of hire date.
• Must have the ability to attain Lineman Level ‘C’ certification within reasonable timeframe, as well as ability to reach ‘B’ and ‘A’ level Certifications as designated by Utilities Director and Superintendent.
• Residency requirement: employee must live within 20 minutes of principle work location in Newberry. Subject to standby duty and twenty-four-hour call back.
General Job Summary: Performs technical semi-skilled work in construction, maintenance and repair to the City’s electrical system. Work involves the all duties necessary for proper and efficient operation as well as operating heavy equipment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in maintaining primary and secondary circuits with the City of Newberry to include converting voltages, performing hot line work, setting poles, re-insulating poles, changing out rotten poles, locating broken or burnt lines with fault locator, assembling and installing cut-outs and arrestor.
• Receives and reviews work orders, meter test reports, staking sheets, vehicle service charts, electrical drawings, purchase orders and substation readings. Conducts servicing for consumers such as installing new wire service, troubleshooting, installing yard lights and street lights, restoring power, etc.
• Operates equipment and vehicles such as connector wrench, hydraulic drill, gas operated drill, chain saw, trencher, bucket trucks, digger, etc. Tools used include: hot sticks, rubber gloves, phasing sticks, fiberglass cross arms, suspension insulators, transformers, electric meters, combination cut-outs, etc
person at City Hall during regular business hours.
1330 College St
Newberry, SC 29108
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.