Lumber Yard Worker
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 1, 2018
Organization: Sizmore Inc./ Timbermen
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $9.60 First Shift $9.85 Second Shift
Must be able to pass a drug screen
- Must provide proof of High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to provide a local background check.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be able to wear all PPE provided without any problem
Will be responsible for sorting, stacking and moving lumbers. Sorts and guides planks emerging from saw onto roller tables or conveyors for trimming edges. Straightens lumber on moving conveyors. Straightens edges of rough lumber, using saw.
Working around heavy machinery safely and comply with safety job analysis work requirements.
- Required to wear all PPE- steel toed shoes, hardhat, gloves, ear plugs, and safety glasses.
- Must maintain a good attendance record.
- 40-50 hours per week is usual schedule. Some weekdays/holidays.
- Must be able to read, write, and do basic math computations to perform required safety, quality, and production functions.
- Must have full range of motion and be able to perform lifting up to 40-50 lbs.
- Very physical activity, standing, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and using various hand tools (rakes, shovels, banders).
- Will perform quality checks as required by the job after appropriate training and filling in paperwork documentation.
Second Shift: M-T 5:30PM- 4:30AM