Machinist - CNC and Manual
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: November 30, 2020
City: Gray Court
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Depending on experience
- Must be experienced and able to run manual milling machine, lathe, drill presses, etc.
- Able to efficiently work with and set-up and maintain various shop equipment including CNC and manual machines
- Knowledge of CNC programming using Conversational, CAD/CAM (Solidworks, Fusion, BobCad,), and G-Code
- Must be able to read and interpret part drawings, tool prints and sketches
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work without supervision
- Must have shop math skills
- Ability to make good decisions, work independently and as part of a team and be detail oriented.
- Be familiar with necessary types of precision measuring instruments
- Must have good work ethics and take pride and ownership in your work
- Must have good communication skills and be able to interact with customers and management
Education: Associate degree in Machine Tool Technology or Equivalent
Experience: 3-5 years’ machining experience in a job shop environment.
- Formal apprenticeship program or equivalent training and experience is preferred
- Welding & Fabrication skills a plus
- Proficient in Solidworks and/or Fusion and a CAM system a plus
- Design Experience a plus
Skilled Machinist - CNC and Manual
Gray Court, SC 29645
Designquest is a unique, high-tech company offering machining and fabrication as well as turn-key 3D design, development, prototyping, and manufacturing services. We are growing and have a need for an experienced machinist who is a motivated self-starter who wants to grow with the company.
The ideal person will be able to setup, run, and maintain various shop equipment including manual and CNC. The CNC duties will include programming, setup, and operation. Programming will include CAD/CAM, Conversational, and G-code. Various manual equipment will be used including mill, lathe, and other common shop equipment. This job requires thinking “outside of the box” to create prototypes and new products. The right person will be multi-talented/skilled, with the ability to help in multiple areas of the business.
We currently have CNC milling machines, CNC Lathe, CNC router, CNC Plasma as well as several manual machines and fabricating equipment.
10601 Highway 14
Gray Court, SC 29645
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.