Machinist- Saw Guide Technician
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: January 1, 2015
Organization: Clendenin Lumber Company
City: Donalds, SC
Website: View Website
Wages/Salary: Wages based on experience. Benefits: 401k, medical/dental insurance, life insurance and paid vacation/holidays.
2 year degree/certificate in an affiliated program such as Machine Tool Technology.
Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a a team environment, and expecially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
Manufacture, mill, sharpen and accurately measure saw guides and cutting knives for sawmill operation. Apply general machining prinicples and knowledge of tool maintenance, operation and measurements. Provide troubleshooting support for saw operations which apply to guides and knives. Assist in performing general mainteanance as needed.
* Responsible for puring guide puck material into molds, milling guide pucks to precise measurement and attaching to guide arms.
* Sharpening chipper knives to precise tolerance utilizing a knife grinder.
* Maintain milling machines and grinders in operable and precise condition.
* Assist with installing guides and saws into machine centers.
* Assist maintenance personnel in general maintenance as needed.