Maintenance Apprentice Technician
Date Posted: February 18, 2022
Deadline: April 1, 2022
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $21 per hour to start with full benefits
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Successfully pass an Accredited Community College Entrance Exam
- Successfully pass a Select Manufacturing Aptitude Assessment (SAMS)
- During the program, assessments are conducted at 6-month intervals for apprentices to validate the program effectiveness as well as individual knowledge and skill improvements.
- This position requires the employee to perform work while standing a minimum of 7 hours per day and the ability to carry up to 40lbs on a frequent basis. Must have ability to conduct repetitive motion tasks daily and climb stairs/ladders when necessary.
- Ability to work above or below floor level and in confined spaces.
The Maintenance Apprentice Technician will learn to trouble-shoot, correctly define root cause and implement corrective actions safely on a variety of machine systems, including program logic controllers, numerical control technologies, robotics, discreet control systems, alternating and direct current drives, servo systems, pump systems of various types, safety circuits, complex process systems, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Perform simple to complex mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repairs on a variety of precision production machinery/equipment safely, following company, state and federal safety rules and regulations.
- Learn basic machine operation for a variety of machinery to assist in trouble-shooting without an operator.
- Troubleshoot, repair, service, install/uninstall, move, level and align a variety of production machinery/equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment using electrical controls such as, programmable controls and computer numerical controls.
- Efficiently utilize Microsoft Office tools as well as correctly and accurately enter work order data into the Maintenance Management System (Maximo) for reporting and trending data
- Demonstrate Accurate utilization of all types of precision machinist measuring and test equipment associated with the evaluation of function and repair to production machinery and facility equipment.
- Operate various material-moving equipment (e.g., forklifts, scissor lifts, genie-booms, and jib/gantry cranes).
- Demonstrate safe and effective utilization of various mechanical hand tools, machinist associated shop equipment such as mills, grinders, lathes, and tooling.
- Demonstrate ability to safely and efficiently follow procedures to execute preventative and predictive maintenance as required.
- Demonstrate ownership of safety, quality, and productivity as it relates to daily maintenance responsibilities.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and in a team environment, assist other craft members and operations to ensure equipment is ready to meets production schedules.
- Participate in Team activities for Human Resources, Problem Solving, 5S, Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing continuous improvements projects.
300 Garlington Road
Greenville, SC 29615
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.