Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: August 8, 2020
City: Greenwood, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Dependent upon experience.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. certificate with four or more years of progressive and practical experience in at least one or more of the skilled trades previously described.
- Ability to effectively accomplish diverse skilled work in the repair and maintenance of equipment relative to the operation of a pellet plant.
- Equipment includes but is not limited to motors, gearboxes, conveyors, fans and pumps.
- Effectiveness in prioritizing assigned duties and evaluating the work of personnel.
- Outstanding skills for offering training and leadership to staff for them to be able to successfully carry out diverse duties associated with the daily maintenance tasks related to the operation of a Pellet Plant.
- Ability to interpret, illustrate, and apply regulation codes and rules.
- Ability to carry out operations safely and efficiently; utilize diverse assigned appliances and tools.
- Outstanding ability to interpret sketches, blueprints, shop drawings, and work orders to other personnel
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
The Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor is expected to have acquired the qualities, skills, and abilities listed below to excel on the job.
- Organizes a team of technicians actively involved in various craft specialties.
- Instructs and offers guidance and directives while being involved in one or more of the skilled activities.
- Possession of exceptional customer service abilities is as significant as having extensive technical knowledge.
- Offer suggestions for performance evaluation; oversee the duties of designated crew members.
- Carry out diverse skilled activities involving the repair and maintenance of equipment and facilities; designate and monitor the work of personnel in order to achieve the completion of diverse tasks.
- Assemble, cut, thread, and lay pipes while also offering assistance in the repair, installation, maintenance, and purchase of various equipment and parts.
- Perform diagnosis and repairs on motors, gearboxes, conveyors, pumps and other types of rotating equipment.
- Guarantee adherence to safety practices and principles, and to the relevant Federal, State, and Local codes.
- Work with diverse machines and equipment, such as hand and power tools, drill presses saws, welding machines and other equipment necessary to carrying out maintenance and repair tasks.
- Ensure the maintenance of shops, equipment and tools are clean, secure, and in appropriate working condition.
- Engage in thorough troubleshooting to replace or repair fans and motor, gearboxes, conveyors, pumps and other pellet mill specific equipment.
- Make an estimate of cost of labor and items needed for work orders; acquires competitive prices for supplies and equipment.
Create and manage work orders, employee time, purchase goods and services, order parts from storeroom.
200 Enviva Way
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.