Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 19, 2020
City: Clinton, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Depending upon experience.
Key skill set:
- Communication and customer service skills
- Routine maintenance skills
- Stress Tolerance
- Conflict Management
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Previous maintenance experience in various maintenance areas including: plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, and general building operations.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Must be service oriented.
- General computer knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Specific licenses and/or certifications may be required
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Experience working with REAC (Real Estate Assessment Center)
- SNOW REMOVAL
*on call required
There is a Maintenance Supervisor opening at an affordable residential community in Clinton, SC totaling 60 units. We are always looking for a team member with a passion for excellence, a “can do” attitude and a dedication to quality. The employee will report to the Community Manager on site and is responsible for the overall maintenance of the property, supervision of the porter on site and keeping the regional office fully informed. This person is responsible for being hands on and completing the work orders on a timely basis. Additionally, the Maintenance Supervisor performs all duties in compliance with company policies and procedures, the Equal Employment Opportunity, Fair Housing and Human Rights statutes.
- Acts as a working supervisor, with majority of time spent performing maintenance functions.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the overall property and customer/resident based community.
- Inspect the building and property on a daily basis and performed routine preventative maintenance and immediately addressing safety issues.
- Responds to emergency maintenance repairs after normal working hours or assigns to another team member.
- Make budget recommendations to the Property Manager for all maintenance line items and assists the Property Manager in controlling maintenance expenses.
- Order and maintain inventory of building materials and supplies as required.
- Coordinate efforts between management and contractors and obtain bids for repairs and replacements as per company guidelines.
- Ensures that all company maintenance policies and procedures are implemented at the property.
- Ensures that company standards for the performance of maintenance functions are consistently maintained.
- Provides direction, guidance, and supervision to all maintenance staff at the property.
- Responsible for preparing and implementing weekly maintenance staff work schedules.
- Provides training of maintenance staff to ensure proper performance of their functions, consistent with company policies, procedure and standards.
- Ensure service contractors as scheduled for appropriate maintenance (exterminator, elevator, standpipe sprinkler, boiler, etc.).
- Remove snow and ice and keep sidewalks clean and safe during inclement weather.
- Keep and maintain accurate records as required by regulation or company operating protocols.
- Responsible for general upkeep of the building which includes, but is not limited to making sure that all common areas are in a clean and orderly state and the landscaping is up kept.
- Involvement with the tenant community and reporting any issues to management in a timely manner.
Related Affordable is the division of Related Companies that develops, acquires and preserves affordable housing throughout the nation. Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies, and its broad portfolio of award-winning affordable and mixed-income developments demonstrate the company’s continuing ability to create affordable housing opportunities in a variety of geographically, economically and socially diverse neighborhoods. Related owns and operates a portfolio of more than 60,000 affordable and workforce housing units.
Benefits and Features:
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
423 55th Street
New York, NY 10019
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.