Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: September 30, 2018
Organization: JF Hawkins/ Springfield Place
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Summary: Performs basic activities related to maintenance and upkeep of building and grounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Performs routine maintenance and repair required to keep the building and equipment in good working order.
- Monitors building and equipment renovations, remodeling or replacement projects done by contractors.
- Under supervision, maintains and repairs HVAC, refrigerators, boilers, washers and dryers, and other equipment.
- Participates in painting, redecorating, carpentry, concrete and masonry projects.
- Conducts and documents routine inspection of fire control equipment and sprinkler systems.
- Maintains weekly facility log of domestic hot water temperature, generator checklist, monthly fire alarm system testing and sprinkler pressure, for survey and safety compliance.
- Coordinates/documents monthly fire drills.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Knowledge of building codes and rules and regulation regarding the operation of plant equipment.
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of OSHA and other safety requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.