Date Posted: July 8, 2021
Deadline: August 13, 2021
Organization: Graphic Packaging International
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Starting wage is $26.14 and we offer step level increases with time and skills, shift premium is $1.50 for night shift. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to paid vacation and holidays, optional health, dental and life insurance including health spending accounts as well as 401k with company matching contributions. Uniforms are provided. Safety shoe program as well as prescription safety eyewear benefits are also available.
- An Associate’s degree in Electronic Engineering Technology, Industrial Electronics or similar degree is preferred; Associate’s degree will be required for advancement or promotion to an E&I position.
- 2-5 years of manufacturing maintenance required.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts; nights, weekends and holidays.
- Computer skills such as Microsoft Office products, SAP and the ability to learn business specific computer programs.
- Active Learning
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Reading, Writing and Mathematical Comprehension
- Complex Problem Solving
- Equipment Maintenance
- Operations Monitoring
- Operations Analysis
- Technical Design
- Electrical Maintenance
- Plumbing Maintenance
- Standing more than 75%
- Walking more than 75%
- Pushing/Pulling frequently with force up to 50lbs
- Lift up to 50lbs
- Frequent climbing on stairs and ladders
- Frequent kneeling, crouching, and balancing
- Grasping and reaching/working overhead
- Elevated work
- Work in areas of fluctuating temperatures
Opportunity: We are an Extrusion coating manufacturing operation seeking a Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician to join our Prosperity, South Carolina team.
Job Summary: Perform work involving mechanical, electrical and fabrication skills to keep production machines and support equipment in reliable repair. Duties involved repairing mechanical equipment; installing, aligning and he setup of new equipment along with programming of PLC’s, working with logic and motor control systems.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical / electrical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic circuits, conveyor systems and production machines; using schematics, blueprints, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions and engineering specifications to complete tasks.
- Inspect drives, motors, belts check fluids levels, replace filters or perform other maintenance duties such as grounds and facilities maintenance.
- Use tools ranging from hand and power tools to precision measuring instruments, electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electric components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery and equipment.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears and other machinery parts.
- Dismantle machinery to access and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools, power tools and forklifts.
- Plan and layout repair work using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals and schematic diagrams.
- Maintain grounds and facilities for safe and functional operation.
- Operate cutting torches or welding equipment.
- Maintain continuity among team members by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Understand and completed all associated paperwork.
- Effective and daily communication with hourly operators, other maintenance technicians and salaried employees.
The above job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Prosperity, SC 29127
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.