Maintenance Technician II
Date Posted: June 22, 2021
Deadline: September 1, 2021
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Based on experience.
- A technical or Associates Degree in a maintenance related field
- 4-6 years of experience in maintaining industrial equipment. (robotics, controls, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical).
- Preferred experience on equipment and automation consistent with a metal fabrication, paint, and assembly operation.
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Contributes to identifying problems and implementing appropriate countermeasures. Strong mechanical aptitude, ability to understand complex issues and systematically work toward resolution.
- Working knowledge of PLC hardware and programming systems, ability to maintain and troubleshoot PLC controlled equipment is required.
- Ability to work from drawings, sketches, and blueprints.
- Intermediate PC knowledge.
- Ability to interpret drawings, schematics and machine specifications.
- Ability to acquire and maintain certifications for operation of service equipment.
- Intermediate mechanical aptitude, ability to understand complex issues and systematically work toward resolution.
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of codes and regulations as they apply to an industrial maintenance role (OSHA, Arc Flash, LOTO, NEC, etc.)
- Welding experience is a plus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learning the principles, practices, and processes in the function or discipline. Developing the business knowledge required of the full job.
- Safely and proficiently perform maintenance related activities of equipment, buildings and grounds.
- Suggest and implement improvements of existing equipment and/or designs to improve safety, quality, delivery and productivity.
- Assist in designing, fabricating, and welding of mechanical structures, guards and special equipment as required. Attend training to learn techniques for maintenance of new and existing equipment.
- Provides technical support to project managers and engineers on projects.
- Contacts are typically with the supervisor and other members of the team or immediate organization but may be outside of this in order to complete the assignment. May represent the team on projects and interface with customers. Impacts of errors normally have implications requiring additional resources.
- Contributes to improving processes, equipment downtime, and costs.
- Provides resolutions from basic to moderately complex problems. Exercises judgment within procedures and practices in selecting methods and techniques for arriving at solutions.
- Diagnose and repair complex equipment breakdowns. Effectively communicate issues with OEM vendors and outside resources for rapid resolution of issues.
- Perform hands-on training for team members on maintenance of equipment, buildings and grounds.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Leads rigging, lifting and relocating a variety of complex, heavy machines, equipment and components
The Maintenance Technician II is expected to perform emergency, routine, and preventive maintenance on all production and building equipment while maintaining safety, communicating effectively, and training employees Responsible for daily problem solving and repair of robotic, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic, and controls related issues associated with manufacturing/facility operations. Follows established procedures, processes, or policies, but is expected to use judgment in resolving issues or recommending solutions.
30 Industrial Park Blvd
Trenton, SC 29847
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.