Marketing & Communications Specialist
Date Posted: February 13, 2022
Deadline: February 28, 2022
Organization: Greenwood SC Chamber of Commerce
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
• Sales/fundraising experience
• 3-5 years of social media experience
• Appropriate handling of sensitive situations
• Appropriate telephone skills
• Professional appearance
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Management, or similar field. Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions and sitting for long periods of time. Requires standing for long periods of time. Requires working outside in extreme heat and cold during outreach events. Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams. Requires public speaking and contact with others (face-to-face, written, telephone or otherwise). Occasional weekend events Physical Requirements Ability to work both indoors and outdoors for extended periods of time. Ability to walk for extended periods of time. Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Ability to tolerate numerous interruptions throughout the day.
To apply please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Function: Marketing & Communications Specialist is responsible for all aspects of communications for the organization including brand management, marketing, public relations, advertising, and social media. Provides support for all communication channels including website, newsletter, blog, and social media, as well as graphic design.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Communications/ Brand Management, develop marketing materials, implement and manage Chamber’s Marketing & Communications Plan.
- Work with the Greenwood Together organizations with marketing campaign under way (Greenwood’s economic and community development cooperative.)
- Serve as copyeditor for all internal and external communications produced by the Chamber.
- Assist in developing and designing marketing materials by providing graphic design, as needed.
- Gather, develop and edit materials for printed and weekly e-newsletters. Solicit staff for content. Upload information to appropriate platform for delivery. Experience with Constant Contact a plus.
- Manage social media networks including Facebook, Twitter, and other adopted platforms. Prepare detailed schedule and manage postings by staff. Coordinate responses to posts and inquiries. Create postings from ribbon cuttings and other key events for Facebook and other social media outlets following each event. Develop standards for language to use when posting different photos/events.
- Manage holiday calendar and create schedule of diverse holiday social media posts.
- Create content for Chamber enewsletter. Post on a regular basis regarding current topics, new businesses, other relevant information that members of the Greenwood community will find of interest.
- Oversee content management of website. Coordinate updates, redesign efforts and daily content updates (to be made by staff responsible for that program/event, etc.). Manage vendor relationship.
- Manage newsletter and web advertising opportunities, including scheduling, design, and submissions. Keep master calendar of advertising commitments on the shared drive.
- Develop plan to maximize revenue generated from ad sales (i.e. bundled plans, advertise the opportunities on website).
- Maintain current marketing to highlight advertising opportunities with the Chamber. Solicit possible advertisers, when appropriate.
- Marketing and Graphics Design
- Edit photos from events and programs as they are received (basic editing, cropping, resizing of image).
- Create signage, including signage for Top Investors.
- Develop PowerPoint presentation for various programs and projects.
- Work with Women’s Leadership Program and Festival of Flowers event planning team
- Develop detailed plan to create and release timely press releases throughout the year.
110 Phoenix Street
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.