Masonry Construction Superintendent
Date Posted: November 9, 2021
Deadline: December 31, 2021
Organization: Cherokee Masonry, Inc.
City: Gaffney, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Salary based on experience Benefits: • Paid Vacation • Paid Bank Holidays • Company Truck and Cell phone • Annual Incentive Bonus • Medical and Dental Insurance • Short Term/Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance
Job Duties including:
- Coordinating daily tasks and creating schedules according to priorities and plans. Ability to make changes when necessary due to weather, supply, delivery, and personnel.
- Delegating individual responsibilities and projects to crew members and contractors.
- Uphold company safety standards and ensure appropriate safety measures are followed
- Emphasizing safe use of tools, machinery and equipment while providing training on safety gear, helmets, and procedures.
- Resolving conflicts or miscommunications quickly and amicably
- Regularly report project status to Cherokee Management, site management and other officials.
Location / Travel:
- Job sites are mainly in Upstate, Midlands of SC and Western NC
Required license or certification:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have 7+ years of Masonry Construction experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in a supervisor or leadership role
- Ability to read and understand Blue Prints, Building Drawings and Plans
- The position requires a background check and drug screening
- Tolerance for the physical demands of working outdoors for long hours
- Must be able to work overtime
- Must meet eligibility requirements to operate company vehicles
- Proficient written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfortable using various forms of technology
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Able to lift-up to 75Ibs
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) and/or OSHA training or certification is a plus
- Scaffold training and certification is a plus
Cherokee Masonry is looking for a detail-focused Construction Superintendent to join our established construction company based out of Gaffney, SC. Cherokee Masonry has been a family-owned business since 1984 providing lump sum masonry services for commercial, institutional, and other specialty projects.
As a member of Cherokee Masonry’s construction team, you will be an integral part of day-to-day operations on one job site at any particular period of time. Most project scope of work will range from $500K to $2M. This position will be responsible that everything on a construction site runs smoothly and for being the point of contact between Cherokee Masonry employees and Construction site management.
2444 Overbrook Drive
Gaffney, SC 29342
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.