Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 4, 2018
Organization: State of South Carolina Department of Transportation
City: Newberry, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: STATE SALARY RANGE: $26,988.00 - $49,932.00 Annually AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MIN: $33,886.00 AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MAX: $49,932.00
- A 10th grade education and four (4) years of work experience that involved the independent performance of job duties directly related to the area of employment; or an approved acceptable equivalence in accordance with State Human Resources Regulations.
- A valid Class "A" Commercial Driver's License. (NOTE): This position requires a valid Class "A" Commercial Driver's License within six (6) months of placement in the position. However, applicants without a Class "A" Commercial Driver's License will be considered if no qualified applicants with a Class "A" Commercial Driver's License are available.
- Repairs all light, medium, and heavy equipment and vehicles assigned to Newberry Maintenance and Newberry Construction.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all DOT vehicles and equipment.
- Primary electrical repair mechanic for Newberry Maintenance repair shop performing complex repairs and diagnostics of electrical systems on all types of equipment.
- Performs welding repairs on roadway and in the shop using acetylene torch, electrical welder, cutting torch, and various specialized hand tools. Performs other related duties as required including but not limited to: making various plumbing repairs in the shop yard. Trains in SWIPS, SCEIS, and HMMS computer systems to track work orders and equipment mileage schedule.
degree(s) at the time of interview. Documentation must be either an official or unofficial copy of the college transcript or Letter of Verification of Degree from the Institution's Registrar's Office. If the candidate selected for the position provided an unofficial copy, it must be replaced with an official copy no later than thirty (30) calendar days after the effective date of employment. Failure to provide documentation within the required time-frame will result in termination of employment.
If you have any questions, please contact WANDA DAY, SC DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION, 510 W. ALEXANDER AVENUE, GREENWOOD, SC 29646. Phone: (864) 227-6971.
A RESUME MAY BE INCLUDED BUT NOT SUBSTITUTED FOR COMPLETING THE ENTIRE APPLICATION. RESUMES ARE NOT REVIEWED TO DETERMINE IF AN APPLICANT MEETS REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION. SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS ARE CONSIDERED PART OF THE APPLICATION AND MUST BE COMPLETED.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AND FILED ONLINE AT:
510 W. Alexander Avenue
Greenwood, SC 29646