MECHANICAL ENGINEER | SUMMER 2021 | CO-OP AND INTERNSHIP
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: November 8, 2020
Organization: JR Automation Technologies
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
What You’ll Do:
- Detail drawing packages for Mechanical Engineers.
- Solve practical problems with no standard solution.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Update CAD models based on redline drawings once machines have been built.
- Complete layout of machine through detail of all components.
- Check peer drawing packages.
- Develop conceptual designs for customer or sales and quoting.
- Work with vendors for proper sizing and quotation of purchased items needed for design.
- Complete all stock sizes for mechanical bill of material.
- Create dxf files for burnouts and internal/external machining.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college program pursuing an engineering degree
Skills You’ll Have:
- Computer literacy in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Pro Engineer preferred.
- Experience reviewing and understanding drawings.
As a Mechanical Engineering Intern/Co-Op, you will assist and support other Mechanical Engineers. Learn from some of the most dedicated and technically competent engineers in the Automation Industry. Our Mechanical Engineering team never designs the same machine twice. You will be challenged to think outside the box and solve practical problems with no standard solution. As a member of a project team you’ll work alongside our Applications, Controls, Mechanical, and Build teams to design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions for every application, process, and industry.
At JR Automation, our team of experts leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to meet the automation needs of our customers all over the world. Founded in 1980, JR Automation now has over 2,000 employees at 23 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia with over $600M in sales.
We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking and a passion for technology. Come think, solve, and create with us!
105 Financial Blvd
Liberty, SC 29657
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.