Mechatronics Automation Technician
Date Posted: April 7, 2022
Deadline: May 15, 2022
Organization: Valmont Industries
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $60,000 - $67,000 Based on Experience
- Education: Training beyond high school including either an Associate degree in Electronics Technology (or closely related technical field), or a combination of education and experience which may include skilled trades programs or military training.
- Experience: 4+ years of automation experience and/or industrial maintenance experience.
- Computer Skills: Standard computer skills; must have strong skills in document organization, the use of technical materials, and research techniques.
- Communication Skills: Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with all team members.
- Special Skills: Must possess the ability to function effectively in a team environment and interact productively with all levels of management and operations personnel; critical thinking and problem solving skills; with strong interpersonal skills.
- Certification: Certifications in any technical field or techniques is a plus.
This position requires proficiency in multiple skill clusters including electricity and electronics, fluid power, mechanical systems, and manufacturing processes. The position will perform high-level machine and systems troubleshooting and repair, assist engineering and plant staff with the specification, installation, and modification of integrated systems, and provide technical support for all phases of the operation.
- General diagnostic and programming of Allen Bradley and PLC’s; Understand PLC operations.
- Install and maintain electrical control systems.
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions, working with manufacturers and field representatives as necessary.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify, define and solve problems.
- Employee must perform safe and timely repairs to plant equipment in areas of electrical and instrument maintenance.
Example duties could include, but are not limited to:
- Calibrate instrumentation devices using specialized test equipment and software
- Responds to trouble calls and emergencies, both during and outside normal work hours
- Repair, maintain and troubleshoot electrical automation systems and equipment, drive systems, robotic systems, microprocessor-based (PLC) systems and electronic control systems and devices.
- Responsible for troubleshooting the following: hydraulics, pneumatics, motors, pumps, control circuits, digital electronics, electrical, power supplies, computers, and power distribution as well as perform preventive maintenance on the various Production and Automated systems
- Preventive and breakdown maintenance, repair and troubleshooting.
2nd Shift, M-F (3pm-11pm)
19845 US Highway 76
Newberry, SC 29108
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.