Date Posted: March 13, 2023
Deadline: May 31, 2023
Organization: Flagship Specialty Partners- CCOFS
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Demonstrated understanding of sterilization principles required
- CPR certification required
- Dental x-ray certification (preferred)
- Dental experience, specifically with TMJ (preferred)
The Medical Scribe's primary responsibilities are answering the phone, creating appointments, directing calls as required. Performing patient care activities as a member of the team, developing x-rays, cleaning, packaging, sterilizing, and storing supplies.
Adequate chart recording and data entry, knowledge in medical insurance, CPT coding administrative responsibilities including but not limited to prior authorizations, creating and sending referrals and letters, scheduling appointments, treatment planning, and following up with patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the philosophy, goals, and objectives of the Practice. Adheres to safety policies and procedures in performing job duties and responsibilities.
- Communicates effectively with patients, visitors, physicians, and coworkers.
- Follow up as needed with patients and Physicians via phone, email, letter & referral.
- Reviews schedule at least one week in advance and prepares as necessary, including to continue to focus on a productive schedule
- Prepares patient and room set-up for appropriate procedure/exam, including taking CBCT, obtaining "chief" complaint, taking BP/pulse and finalizing in-take of medical history completion.
- Performs office procedures as directed including reviewing charts/paperwork before doctor sees patient; completes appropriate paperwork. Performs as a scribe for the provider and assists during the duration of the patients’ appointment.
- Assists in workroom and ensures par levels are maintained for clinical supplies.
- Utilizes computer system (time clock, reviewing schedules, scheduling appointments, using e-mail, etc.).
- Reports any damaged equipment discovered during routing cleaning or use. Complies with all OSHA and office policies and procedures.
- Performs financial overview.
- Reviews and communicates insurance fees for the patients, and presents treatment plans and collects payment for services.
- Assists with scanning, impressions for orthotics & home therapies.
- Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient and the physician.
- Performs other duties as directed.
5550 77 Center Dr Ste 320
Charlotte, NC 28217-0739
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.