Molecular PCR Laboratory Technician
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: July 31, 2020
Organization: Trinity Laboratory Services, LLC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in science or related field plus one year clinical biological lab experience
• Knowledge of nucleic acid technology. Understanding of quality control / quality improvement programs.
• Familiar with pipette and knowledge of basic chemical calculation
• PCR Extraction technique
• Working knowledge and understanding of computers
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to be flexible and prioritize effectively
We are looking for qualified candidates to work independently in a molecular PCR laboratory setting performing respiratory pathogen and urinary tract infection panels on the Thermo Fisher Quantstudio and/or BD Max platforms. Prior experience in a molecular PCR or similar laboratory is required.
Under the direction of the Lab Tech Supervisor, the PCR Technologist will preform biological experiments and assist with the day-to day administration of the PCR Laboratory.
• Knowledgeable in the handling of patient specimens from accession to storage.
• Assist supervisor with day to day administration of PCR Laboratory.
• Read and follow technical procedures for the Standard Operating Procedure Manual.
• DNA and RNA extraction
• Complete PCR testing and PCR product analysis including sequencing, hybridization or fragment analysis
• Assist in the administration of all Quality Control Programs.
• Assist in the inventory management and ordering
• Sample data collecting or accession if necessary
• Compliance with all Federal and State regulations pertaining to histology. Specifically:
• Adherence to workload requirements.
• Maintenance of accurate work records (i.e., Maintenance Logs, Temperature Logs, etc.)
Apply on company website
5272 S. Lewis Ave
Tulsa, OK 74105
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.