Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: December 31, 2019
Organization: West Fraser
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $15.37 USD per hour
Entry level responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining safe work areas, collecting debris and disposing of sawdust and dropped lumber in assigned areas
- Cleaning industrial equipment and workstations
- Relieving production positions; operating various light and heavy industrial machinery
- Showing a willingness and flexibility to perform various job assignments that may change daily
- Supporting our culture of safety by adhering to mill safety policies and procedures at all times
Required skills and experience include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of six (6) months in a manufacturing or industrial environment preferred
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperatures in loud, high volume environments performing physical tasks throughout the shift
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position which includes walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform all tasks in accordance with West Fraser safety policies and procedures
- Recognize and support our team culture, communicating effectively with all team members
- Ability to work night shifts, holidays and weekends
- Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check, drug screen test (hair) and physical
Our Operating Apprentice position is an entry level role with the expectation that self-motivated individuals will advance into progressively skilled positions.
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com
Competitive starting pay along with on-the-job training and a culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, disability, paid vacations and holidays - Medical & Dental available beginning day one.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. NO PHONE INQUIRIES, please.
US Operations Office
1900 Exeter Rd Ste 105
Germantown, TN 38138
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.