Operations Worker/Non-CDL Driver
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: April 30, 2018
Organization: MNI Direct
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Training
o High school diploma
● Skills and Training
o Friendly, outgoing, cheerful, professional
o Great at verbal communication, with a clear understanding when speaking (Fluent English)
o Ability and desire to do the job once and right; exhibit pride in work
o Ability to become certified to operate MHE
o One or more year’s safe driving record
o Ability to find locations on a GPS or other devise and plot a course to those locations.
o Valid driver’s license and active health required.
o Knowledge of the latest Federal DOT laws regarding driving times.
o Ability to accurately maintain and submit drivers logs.
● Prolonged walking and standing
● Ability to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly
● Ability to work a flexible schedule (M-F)
● Ability to work in severe weather conditions; both heat and cold
● Requires prolonged sitting, driving and MHE operations
● Ability to make overnight runs if required.
Work with the Branch Manager and inside sales to ensure that yard is maintained to the MNI Direct standards and make deliveries and pick-ups as scheduled on board.
● Receive, unload, position, and maintain all plants and associated material on the sales yard
● Greet customers on the yard or at jobsite Build relationships with foreman and crews associated to our customer base
● Select and stage orders for customers as directed by sales
● Space, jam, prune, weed, fertilize, water, or take other plant care measures to keep plants healthy
● Load sales orders onto trucks for scheduled delivery; maintain accurate paperwork and clearly identifiable orders
● Be qualified and prepared to fill in as an alternate driver if necessary
● Ensure you know and practice good safety behavior and good safe work practices
● Operate forklift and other MHE under OSHA certification as required
● Perform other duties as required
● Must know and abide by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration truck driver guide for hours of service; including driver hours, duty hours and rest requirements.
● Maintain required driver’s logs and necessary papers in accordance with DOT laws.
● Preform required before, during and after operation “user maintenance” and provides required reports.
● Safely operate McCorkle owned or leased vehicles and MHE in support rack of deliveries and pick-up of nursery plant material.