Paint Line Operator (2nd shift)
Date Posted: December 6, 2021
Deadline: January 20, 2022
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: *This position starts out at $15.11/hour with an additional $1.00/hour for a shift premium
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Previous experience reading blueprints, manufacturing diagrams or drawings, and/or operating instructions.
- Previous experience with measuring devices (i.e. tape measure and calipers)
- Previous experience with ERP systems including DMM and AS-400.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Persuasive skills
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach at or above shoulder level; grip; and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop; lift; carry; push; pull; and grip. The employee is frequently required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 50 pounds. The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to listen and to talk.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to noise and frequently exposed to dust.
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
As a Fabrication Technician in the Powdercoat role, you will be loading and unloading material onto the powdercoat line. You may also operate the powdercoat booth and apply a powder to parts per customer specifications, inspect work to verify conformance to customer and quality requirements, and maintain high quality standards to achieve the quality and production standards. This position is accountable for managing the full life cycle of products within the harsh & hazardous/industrial wire management and PD&C product families.
In this function you will:
- Contribute to a safe, engaged and inclusive work culture by complying with all policies, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment, and performing 5S duties.
- Work from travel document, blueprints and oral or written instructions in order to load, unload, setup, and operate the powdercoat line.
- Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communicate concerns appropriately.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement as well as complete root cause analysis in response to issues with quality or production.
- Be responsible for quality, including measuring finished parts with tape measure and/or calipers, visual inspections of material, identifying nonconforming parts, and troubleshooting errors.
- Cross train and stand in for other employees/job functions when necessary.
2210 Hwy 72 221 E
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.