Patient Care Technician
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: April 9, 2021
Organization: New Horizon Family Health Services
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Benefits New Horizon Family Health Services offers a robust and comprehensive benefit package to full time employees. These choices/options include: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits Suite of Voluntary Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts 403 (b) Retirement Plan Vacation and Sick Leave Paid Holidays
Experience and Skills:
- Completion of a Certified Nurses Assistant Program with Patient Care Technician Skills Training
- Completion of an Emergency Medical Technician Program
- One year or more experience in office based patient care setting
- Must have a working knowledge of computer programs and professional construction of emails
- Must demonstrate:
- legible handwriting
- excellent spelling
- speaking clearly and grammatically correct
- the ability to accept responsibility as indicated
- being a motivated and enthusiastic learner
- a courteous and tactful manner
- the ability to work under stress and work well with others
- following NHFHS policies and procedures regarding personal visits, cell phone usage, and clocking-in and out on time according to assigned schedule
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) assists the Nursing and Provider Staff with the provision of routine care to patients who present to New Horizon Family Health Services.
- All PCT staff MUST wear the designated uniform in colors authorized by the organization.
- Helps to support the achievement of provider productivity goals.
- Is responsible for patient phone messages, documents details in EHR patient cases and forwards them to the appropriate bucket.
- Assists Nursing Staff to care for patients in accordance with instructions given Providers
- Skillfully obtains patients’ vital signs - temperature, pulse, blood pressure, respirations, height, weight and pulse oximetry and documents them in EHR.
- Completes designated EHR Patient Work-Up modules.
- Prepares exam rooms and procedure trays.
- Chaperones during physical examinations, pap smears and procedures.
- After completion of the Lab Orientation Checklist, upon direction from Nursing, instructs patient to obtain a urine specimen and prepares / sends the specimen to the Lab.
- Cleans exam rooms between patients.
- Stocks exam rooms.
- Provides comfort and support to patients awaiting medical treatment/those having received medical attention.
- Understands the purpose of, and has a working knowledge of Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) concepts.
- Participates in in-service training opportunities as required.
- Must hold all patient Protected Health Information (PHI) other patient personal information and agency information in confidence, in accordance with the attached Employee Confidentiality Statement, which I have read, understand and signed.
- Actively participates in and complies with all aspects of the NHFHS Corporate compliance Program, follows the Program Code of Conduct and obey all relevant laws, statutes, regulations and requirements applicable to Medicaid, Medicare and other State and Federal healthcare programs.
975 W Faris Rd,
Greenville, PA 29605
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.