Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 12, 2020
Organization: City of Newberry
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: The Newberry PD is a long-standing SC Accredited Department with the highest standards. Career growth and opportunities are based on the applicant’s education and/or experience. Therefore, the Department encourages applicants possessing college degrees, which is an inherent consideration during the screening process. Entry Level, Non-Certified Salary: $31,472 plus full benefits package Certified Law Enforcement Officers salary $33,953 - $41,592 To commensurate with experience and SC Criminal Justice Academy Certification/s. SCCJA Certified Law Enforcement Officers are eligible to receive up to $5000 Retention Bonus!
Applicants for Entry Level Police Officer/Patrolman positions must:
• Be a Citizen of the United States.
• Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
• Pass a physical examination post offer of employment.
• Meet the essential physical fitness standards necessary for the performance of duties.
• Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
• Successfully pass a State and Department aptitude test.
• Successfully pass a psychological screening.
• Successfully pass a pre-employment polygraph examination.
• Pass a credit check. Applicant must have a good credit rating as determined by a credit report from a Credit Reporting Agency.
• Pass an extensive background investigation which includes past or present domestic situations, i.e.: Child Support, Orders of Protection, Restraining Orders, etc.
• Pass Criminal history check and fingerprint check.
• Successfully complete the prescribed Police Officer Basic Training Requirements as required by the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy.
• Must possess a valid South Carolina driver's license combined with a satisfactory 10 year driving record.
Under general supervision, performs general duty police work to protect life and property of Newberry citizens through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Work involves patrolling the City, conducting investigations, preparing cases for court, preparing various reports, and assisting citizens to protect life and property of citizens through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Employee works under stressful, high-risk conditions.
Applications may be received in the Human Resources Department of City Hall, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Applications can also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 803-321-2609 with Attention to HR on the cover form.
1330 College St
Newberry, SC 29108
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.