Patrolman - Corporal
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: November 30, 2019
Organization: City of Newberry
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $32403 - Entry Level, Non-Certified
- Be a Citizen of the United States.
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Pass a physical examination post offer of employment.
- Meet the essential physical fitness standards necessary for the performance of duties.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Successfully pass a State and Department aptitude test.
- Successfully pass a psychological screening.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment polygraph examination.
- Pass a credit check.
- Pass an extensive background investigation which includes past or present domestic situations
- Pass Criminal history check and fingerprint check.
- Successfully complete the prescribed Police Officer Basic Training Requirements as required by the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy.
- Must possess a valid South Carolina driver's license combined with a satisfactory 10 year driving record.
Under general supervision, performs general duty police work to protect life and property of Newberry citizens through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Work involves patrolling the City, conducting investigations, preparing cases for court, preparing various reports, and assisting citizens to protect life and property of citizens through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Employee works under stressful, high-risk conditions.
The Newberry PD is a long-standing SC Accredited Department with the highest standards. Career growth and opportunities are based on the applicant’s education and/or experience. Therefore, the Department encourages applicants possessing college degrees, which is an inherent consideration during the screening process. Officers receive take home cars, a residency stipend for living in the City limits, free housing opportunities, a wellness program including reduced rates for gym memberships,
Entry Level, Non-Certified Salary: $32,403 plus full benefits package. Certified Law Enforcement Officers salary to commensurate with experience and SC Criminal Justice Academy Certification/s.
SCCJA Certified Law Enforcement Officers are eligible to receive up to $5000 Retention Bonus!
The City of Newberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer
1330 College Street
Newberry, SC 29108