Pellet Mill Operator
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: March 31, 2020
City: Greenwood, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Dependent upon experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years previous manufacturing experience.
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Proficient in mathematics and measurements
- Ability to read data and trends to make appropriate process adjustments.
- Proven record in upholding safety standards.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal job instructions.
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Analyze equipment performance and make necessary tooling and equipment changes to produce desired throughput and quality results
- Perform and document required inspections of equipment and maintain equipment in good condition
- Review work order specifications or instructions to determine materials, ingredients, procedures, extracting, forming, pressing and compacting materials to produce pellets.
- Adjust machine components to regulate speed, pressure and temperatures of machine, amount, dimensions and flow of materials and ingredients.
- Monitor machine operations and observes indicator lights and gauges, such as thermometers, voltage meters and timers to detect malfunctions.
- Perform/coordinate maintenance on equipment per job instructions.
- Perform/coordinate housekeeping to required standard.
- Maintain consistent production quality to required standard.
- Follow all workplace and job safety procedures.
- Complete accurate reporting as required
- Communicate operational information as required.
- Enter maintenance work requests as applicable.
- Escalate issues promptly for proper resolution.
200 Enviva Way
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.