Under the supervision of the Donor Room Lead or Operational Center Management, and in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures Manual guidelines, assist in determining the suitability of a donor to undergo plasmapheresis, operate the automated plasmapheresis machines / monitor donors, ensuring that donors experience a safe and successful plasmapheresis procedure. May perform all auto technician operator functions including response and evaluation of all autopheresis troubleshooting displays, documentation of exceptions (resticks, reactions, etc.) and the ability to complete all Donor Room Logs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Promote customer satisfaction through appropriate interaction and responsiveness to customer needs.
2. Able to perform phlebotomies on all donors regardless of difficulty.
3. Monitor and evaluate operation and provide feedback to supervisor.
4. Proper setup of all equipment and disposable supplies.
5. Site preparation and phlebotomy according to established procedures.
6. Constant monitoring of donors and equipment operation to ensure health of donor and quality of product.
7. Disconnect and dispose of all contaminated disposable equipment.
8. Accurate and thorough documentation of necessary records.
9. Attend all required training sessions, staff meetings, etc.
10. Maintain thorough familiarity with all State and Federal regulations, FDA approved Standard Operating Procedure Manual, European regulations, OSHA, CLIA, cGMP as well as i11. Ensure that equipment and work area is maintained in a clean and organized manner, and all equipment operates properly.
12. Ensure that supplies are available to perform necessary tasks.
13. Advises Donor Room Lead of noticeable complications that may jeopardize the health/safety of the donor, product integrity, and/or efficient and professional operation of the Donor Room.
14. Assist in emergency medical procedures when necessary.nternal company procedures.
15. Report all unsafe situations or conditions to supervisor.
16. Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
17. May be required to work weekends, evenings and some holidays.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, cleaning of all areas of the Center, receiving and shipping of products and materials.
2. May be assigned to train or work with new employees.
3. May be assigned to assist in other areas as needed.