Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: January 29, 2021
Organization: Colonial Pipeline
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
What You Bring to the Table:
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma; will consider a combination of experience and/or education.
- Associate Level - Ideally, 1+ years of pipeline and/or construction experience; ability to complete NextGen Right of Way Program through Level 1.
- Level I - Completed NexGen Right of Way Program through Level 1.
- Level II - Completed NextGen Right of Way Program through Level 2.
- Valid Driver’s License and the ability to travel up to 20% overnight and up to 75% day-to-day to remote locations to monitor right of way maintenance, mowing and reclaiming.
- Ability to complete of Colonial Specific Right of Way Training ILT Class.
- Knowledge of Engineering Standards applicable to position, regulatory requirements, procedures and safe work practices.
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays, and/or weekends as required; Subject to call-out and occasional overtime.
- Commitment to consistently adhere to policies and procedures and be a positive example for others by demonstrating the Company’s core values of Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Safety, and Excellence in completing work assignments.
- Self-motivated, have a phenomenal work ethic and looking for the right company to support your growth.
Got Extras to Bring?
- Associates or Technical degree from an accredited college or university; will consider a combination of experience and/or education.
- CPC ROW or Operations experience, construction experience, and utility locating experience.
- API 1169 Certification/Licensure.
As a Pipeline Operator for Right of Way, you are accountable for ensuring the protection of Colonial’s Right of Way, easements and pipelines. The Pipeline Operator will perform routine patrols, interface with stakeholders, and engage in structured on the job training with a qualified Pipeline Operator. The Pipeline Operator will manage and monitor the safe execution of encroachments and maintain thorough documentation of all training activities, actions, interactions and decisions. The Pipeline Operator periodically monitors the progress of work for side trimming and mowing crews to ensure the quality and accuracy of maintenance and reclamation work within the area of responsibility.
What You Get to Do:
- Assess and respond to all One-Call tickets, Aerial Observation Reports and other notifications within your area of responsibility. This includes locating and marking Colonial’s pipelines, engaging in meetings with encroachers, obtaining assistance in managing and monitoring the safe execution of encroachments, performing suspected leak investigations.
- Perform routine patrols to surveil and inspect Colonial’s Right of Way. Confirm adequate signage is in place so that the location of the pipeline(s) are accurately identified and regulatory compliance is maintained.
- Develop and maintain relationships with landowners, business owners, emergency response personnel, forestry personnel, school, church leaders and others.
- Engage in training to achieve competency in tasks required to effectively monitor and inspect all encroachment activities on/near Colonial’s Right of Way, in accordance with Colonial’s procedures and standards.
180 Keltner Ave
Spartanburg, SC 29302
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.