Plating Production Supervisor
Date Posted: September 28, 2021
Deadline: October 28, 2021
Organization: Greenwood Fabricating and Plating
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Minimum Job Requirements (but not limited to):
High School Diploma or (GED) plus 3-years supervisory experience. Knowledge of management fundamentals, plating classes, and leadership qualities. Thorough understanding of workflow and how to control. Ability to use Microsoft Office products (mainly word, excel; access is a plus). Above average written and verbal communication skills. Good organizational skills. Ability to manage several projects at any given time. Ability to work with little or no supervision. Ability to analyze and solve complex problems. Ability to work well with customers, vendors, and all levels of the organization.
Summary of Duties:
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in the Job Shop and Autolines (copper and aluminum) to plate parts in an efficient and timely manner according to customer expectations for delivery and quality. Instruct, motivate, lead, schedule, and follow job assignments of all hourly paid employees in the department.
Job Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Analyzes work orders to estimate and schedule worker hours that meet both internal and external production needs.
- Computes amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules, and requisitions materials from the storage area.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers and assigns duties.
- Plans flow of materials through department in agreement with Customer Service schedules.
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Inspects and measures parts to verify conformance to specifications.
- Directs workers in the execution of rework and/or remake parts which fail to meet standards.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Develops, recommends, and implement measures to improve production efficiency, schedule adherence, and quality of product.
- Suggest changes in processes and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop and safety.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Assure accurate logging of production including eLog on Lines 6T, 7, 8, and Job Shop.
- Special emphasis in logging accuracy on LVPW product.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Conduct employee performance reviews.
- Schedule all staffing including weekends.
- Schedule maintenance on all lines.
- Responsible for complying with all required documentation relating to QS/ISO 9000.
- Committed to the GF&P, Inc. quality policy:
“Work as a team to safely produce products that meet or exceed our customer’s quality expectations with continuous improvement”.
215 Mill Avenue
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.