Postal Director (Level 2)
Date Posted: August 26, 2021
Deadline: September 2, 2021
Organization: Department of Corrections
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Hiring Range - Min. $28,215.00 Hiring Range - Max. $36,451.00
- State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma and work experience in postal, courier or delivery operations.
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- Two (2) years of clerical experience.
- A degree may be substituted for the work experience.
- Directs and/or supervises all postal activities between the U.S. Postal Service and the institution: i.e. Mail, Packages, Certified/Registered Letters
- Maintains timely distribution and processing of incoming and outgoing mail and maintains records of such as required.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of postal regulations and applicable SCDC policies and procedures and interprets same for subordinate staff.
- Directs and supervises all financial transactions of inmates with corresponding detailed records and reports concerning same to SCDC Financial Accounting Branch.
- Ensures inmate legal mail is receipted and distributed per SCDC policies and procedures.
- Performs Notary Public Services for inmates and staff as needed.
- Coordinates postage meter replenishment and postage reimbursement on a monthly basis.
Must successfully complete three (3) weeks of SCDC Basic Training upon hire.
2809 Airport Road
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.