Date Posted: February 21, 2023
Deadline: March 23, 2023
Organization: Camp Cody
City: Freedom, NH
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Camp Cody offers a competitive salary ($400/per week), room and board, staff training, weekly laundry service, camp t-shirts, weekly day-off, access to our snack-stocked staff lounge, and lifelong friendships!
What we need from you
- Develop curriculum and lead activities focusing on pottery, including wheel throwing and hand building, based on various developmental levels and skills.
- Supervise and support campers and ensure safety, development, growth, and general well-being within the pottery shed.
- Communicate and collaborate with other camp staff members to facilitate positive camper experiences.
- Organize and keep track of inventory; communicate needed supplies.
What skills & experience you’ll bring to us
- Demonstrated experience and general knowledge of pottery, wheel throwing, hand building, and kiln management.
- Adaptability and flexibility in a fast-paced camp environment.
- High level of responsibility and accountability.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Physical ability to lead activities for 6 to 8 hours per day.
- Exhibits patience and enthusiasm with children and adolescents.
Who we are
Camp Cody is a co-ed Summer Camp in Freedom, New Hampshire. Since 1926, we have been providing unique experiences for campers and staff of all ages worldwide. Our Cody team is made up of teachers, athletes, coaches, creatives, hikers, bikers, travelers, and so much more. Together, we provide a safe and fun environment where campers and staff create life-long memories.
What you’ll be doing
The Pottery Counselor will provide a creative outlet that is safe, fun, and appropriate to campers’ age and abilities. Campers will create everything from pinch pots and bowls to intricate sculptures using clay. In this role, you will guide and instruct the campers through their projects and make engaging lesson plans across all camper ages.
9 Cody Road
Freedom, NH 03836
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.