Power Rental Technician
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: March 31, 2021
Organization: Blanchard Machinery Company
Location: Columbia Area
City: West Columbia, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Based upon Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Associates degree in a related field preferred.
- Five years electrical power generation/electronics experience with a minimum of three years’ experience with CAT diesel and natural gas engines and/or like competitive equipment including high voltage up to 480 volts preferred.
- Experience with CAT Electronic Technician and SIS programs.
- Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record must also possess a valid CDL license.
- Strong problem solving skills and be detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to work in the field without supervision.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced service environment.
- Maintain a tool inventory sufficient to perform assigned tasks.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work primarily outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to injury and/or hazardous materials.
- Job requires standing, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, twisting, turning, lifting.
- Physical use of a broad variety of tools and machines in order to maintain, troubleshoot and repair equipment. Must be able to use the hands to grasp hand tools and parts.
- The employee must be able to endure prolonged forward and overhead arm positions while performing mechanical operations.
- The employee must be able to lift varied weight.
- Seeing, reading, and writing to complete job responsibilities.
- Use of computer and other forms of technology to complete job responsibilities.
- Contributes to a positive work environment and promotes the vision, mission and values of BMC.
- Completes all job responsibilities in a safe manner, promotes and champions a safe and healthy work environment.
- The primary responsibility of a Power Rental Technician is to ensure a seamless delivery and setup of Electric Power Generation equipment at customer events which may include large scale concerts, festivals, community events, NASCAR, natural disasters etc.
- Technicians may be required to remain on site during events to troubleshoot and repair equipment in the event of a malfunction.
- Must have extensive knowledge in compressed air and temperature controls.
- Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot a broad variety of power generation equipment.
- Interpret technical drawings, schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Diagnose the problem and cause of failure through logical troubleshooting steps.
- Determines reusability of parts in accordance with published Caterpillar reusability guidelines.
- Orders replacement parts ensuring that parts ordered are correct and complete at time of order.
- Cleans, repairs, reconditions, and maintains equipment and components.
- Tests, measures, and adjusts engine and machine systems and components.
- Prepares, inspects and operates machines prior to delivery.
- Keeps up to date with developments in tooling, technologies and systems.
- Prepares inspection and appraisal reports.
- Prepares accurate and complete service reports timely.
- Maintain a professional and proper personal appearance.
- Flexible to work after hours when needed to meet customer needs.
- Preparing parts requisitions, time cards, part returns, accurate and complete service reports and other necessary reports and forms.
- Maintaining the service truck and equipment carried on the service truck.
- Load and unload equipment from transportation trailers as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Complete application online
3151 Charleston Highway
West Columbia, SC 29172
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.