Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: July 31, 2019
Organization: Global Refrigeration, Inc.
City: Honea Path
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to interpret blueprints.
- Basic Math & Geometry/Trigonometry.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Flexibility based on plant production schedules.
- A minimum of one-year previous experience using computer and measuring instruments.
- Testing on Inspection and Measurement is a pre-requisite for this position.
- CMM operation and programming a plus.
- Metal fabrication background preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs complete layout inspection by measuring dimensions, such as length, height, and distance, between reference points, using precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicator, and CMM, to ensure product meets specifications.
- Able to locate reference point(s) on part and measure dimension such as angle, arc, and radii, using combinations of aids, such as surface plate parallel bars, angle plates, gauge blocks, plug pins, V blocks, sine bars, and precision measuring instruments such as height gage.
- Performs verification on Incoming, In-Process, and Outgoing products.
- Visually compares work pieces against one another to assess/detect manufacturing variations in processes.
- Assists and/or trains operators on part visual acceptability, and measurement and process procedures as required.
- Reports quality problems or findings to Plant Manager and follows up to ensure that corrective action has/will take place.
- Maintains record of inspections and prepares list of defects, interacts with other departments to ensure compliance with specification and to facilitate the acceptance of parts.