Rad Tech I
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: December 31, 2020
Organization: Laurens County Hospital
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Associate's Degree: Completion of accredited radiology program
- American Registry for Radiology Technologists (ARRT) certification for Radiology (Lawson Code ARRT)
- SCRQSA - Radiology Quality Standards South Carolina License (Lawson Code RQSA)
- New graduates must obtain and submit Permanent SCRQSA license within 30 days of passing ARRT registry. May work with temporary B SCRQSA license for 30 days after obtaining ARRT.
Under the direction of the Diagnostic Radiology Manager and the Shift Supervisor, the Radiologic Technologist is expected to perform a variety of radiographic procedures applying ionizing radiation. Performance of specific tasks is indicated below for diagnostic purpose according to the department policy. Positive contribution to interpersonal relationships concerning all parties is according to Prisma Health's policy.All employees are expected to be knowledgeable and compliant with Prisma Health’s values of compassion, dignity, excellence, integrity and teamwork. All team members are expected to be knowledgeable and compliant with Prisma Health's values: Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
- Performs all diagnostic routine procedures (minor trauma, fluoroscopy, minor surgery and routine studies). Acquires requisition and checks for appropriate clinical. Obtains appropriate supplies and prepares room for patient. Access patient’s condition and level of cooperation and makes appropriate judgment of proper care. Notifies nurse and charts all infiltrates and reactions. Quality check films before sending to radiologist to include markers, all pertinent information needed for appropriate dictation. Writes additional information on request as needed. Keeps room cleaned and stocked at all times. Responds to codes and other emergency situations appropriately.
Explains procedure to patient and introduces self and identifies department
Informs patients and families of all delays. (including calling inpatient's room when procedure is delayed more than 1 hour)
Trains co-workers and students.Assist other technologists when not busy in assigned area.
Acquires requisition and checks for appropriate clinical.
Charges procedure and supplies when exam is completed. Indicates no-film badge wearing name and fluoro time. Adds surgical charges when needed.
Operates the PAC’s system appropriately and verify studies before sending to archive.Reports equipment problems to supervisor, in-charge tech and documents confirmation numbers.
- Charges procedure and supplies when exam is completed. Indicates no-film badge wearing name and fluoro time. Adds surgical charges when needed. Operates the PAC’s system appropriately and verify studies before sending to archive..
Shall be responsible for clinical instruction and clinical competency evaluation of students, providing students with appropriate feedback. Provide students with the appropriate level of supervision. Assist students in obtaining clinical goals. Maintain student confidentiality.
Laurens, SC 29360
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.