Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: January 7, 2020
Organization: JF Hawkins
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Offering a competitive salary and a $2500 sign on bonus for all new full time employees.
Summary: Plans, coordinates and provides total nursing care for residents and provides supervision and guidance to clinical staff members. Scope of work may be modified by state specific rules under the Nurse Practice Act.
- Graduate of accredited RN School of Nursing.
- Valid RN license in the state employed.
- Valid CPR certification.
- One year of nursing experience preferred.
- Initiates and leads team conferences in development of individualized nursing care plans.
- Assesses and documents the resident's condition and nursing needs.
- Accurately and promptly implements physicians' orders.
- Assigns nursing care to team members in accordance with the resident's needs and the person's capabilities and qualifications.
- Supervises, directs and evaluates LPNs, LVNs, and CNAs.
- Administers medications, starts IVs and performs treatments for assigned residents, and documents that treatment as required company, and local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Participates in orientation and in-service training for personnel.
- Assists physicians with special tests and procedures within the scope of state specified Nursing Practice Act.
- Ensures that supplies are utilized economically and that equipment is clean and maintained in a safe manner.
- Reports and records pertinent observations and reactions regarding residents.
- Coordinates nursing care of residents when scheduled for therapy or procedures by other departments.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in residents.
- Interviews applicants and recommends hires. Participates in counseling, disciplinary action and termination of staff, to extent permitted by state practice act.
- Supervises nursing unit, which includes scheduling and directing the nursing staff to extent permitted by state practice act.
- Skilled in directing and motivating the workforce.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of training techniques for clinical staff.
1330 Kinard Street
Newberry, SC 29108
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.