Stamping Press Operator
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: September 30, 2017
Organization: Tower International
Location: Greenville Area
City: Fountain Inn
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- H/S diploma or GED
- Understanding of the Production Department
- Fork Truck license (preferred, not required)
- Crane license (preferred, not required)
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. Ability to work 40 hours a week plus required mandatory overtime
- Ability to stand for 12 hours
- Walking, Bending, stooping, and climbing
- Operate metal hydraulic stamping presses and other sub-assembly operations as required.
- Assist in changing and setting dies, transfer systems, and shuttles/conveyors
- Obtain first piece sample approval making appropriate die and machine adjustments.
- Assure last piece process and die history process is followed.
- Troubleshoot die related issues and make necessary adjustments.
- Troubleshoot, adjust, and assist with repair of issues relating to transfer, shuttles, and conveyors.
- Troubleshoot, adjust and assist with repair issues relating to die protection, die lubes, and scrap removal system, and in die fastener systems.
- Meet production efficiencies and maintain quality checks.
- Tag and move parts, containers, and totes.
- Maintain procedures for handling non-conforming parts.
- Maintain performance standard.
- Maintain TS16949 Quality Standard.
- Knowledge of First Off, Last Off quality inspections.
- Process hourly/daily paperwork as required.
- 5S- contribute to the effort to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Housekeeping- contribute to the effort to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations and report all incidents and unsafe conditions.
- Participate in activities to support continuous improvement