Staple V&S Operator
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: March 30, 2020
Organization: Ascend Performance Materials
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
The Staple V&S position knows all jobs within the Staple department, and helps cover vacation and sick leave openings throughout the year.
Staple V&S Duties:
- Team compliance with “Standard Operating Procedures” (SOP’s), Site Environmental, Safety and Health policies and regulations, high housekeeping standards and strongly support, by personal example, the BBS process and LEAN manufacturing concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Satisfactory job and safety performance in current assignment.
- Perform hands-on work to include troubleshooting of equipment, improve operating efficiency and ensure safe work habits.
- Maintain the safe operation of production lines.
- Assist the Shift Mechanic with Shift Team Lead approval.
- Assist with team relief (YSO, Bale Press, Tow Bonding, etc.).
- Operate bale presses as needed.
- Perform YSO duties as needed.
- Demonstrated trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment without close supervision
- Minimum Education Requirements: High School diploma or GED.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in team based environment.
- Self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must meet the minimum requirements of a qualified Production Operator II.
- Must have a demonstrated competency in current work assignments, possess high personal performance standards in attendance, job skills, safety and quality; accountable for their actions, and a willingness and ability to hold others accountable for their own actions.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills.
BASIC ASSESSMENT: SC WorkKeys Math, Reading and Locating with a score of 4 or higher.
- Problem Solving: Probes all fruitful sources for answers; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers; can see hidden problems, uses rigorous logic and methods to solve different problems with effective solutions.
- Action Oriented: Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; seizes more opportunities than others; enjoys working hard; not fearful of acting with a minimum amount of planning.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Integrity & Trust: Is seen as a direct and truthful individual; is widely trusted; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes and doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Must work where the noise level requires hearing protection.
- May be exposed to various hazards such as corrosive chemicals, steam, molten polymer, equipment related dangers, etc.
- Routine safety equipment: long sleeves, safety shoes, hard hat, ear plugs/muffs, safety glasses
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push/pull buggies or carts up to 200 lbs.
- Ability to carry 25 lbs. or less.
- Capable of climbing flights of stairs or ladders.
- Working at heights
- Capable of walking/standing 8-10 hours per day.
1515 Hwy 246 S
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.