SUBSYSTEMS FIELD ENGINEER I
Date Posted: November 10, 2021
Deadline: December 31, 2021
Organization: KNAPP Inc.
City: Kennesaw, GA
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in either Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering
- Good general computer skills
- Basic Linux skills
- Basic Python, Java, C++
- Basic networking concept
- Strong mechanical concept
- Strong electrical concept
- Physical requirement may include sitting, stooping, bending, visual acuity, finger dexterity, walking, lifting up to 50 pounds.
WHO WE ARE
At KNAPP (pronounced KaNop, not Nap!) "We Make Complexity Simple" by using cutting-edge technologies to deliver groundbreaking solutions for our clients. By leveraging the latest software, AI, and Robotics technology we are disrupting the logistics automation industry. We work with the world’s industry leaders in grocery, healthcare, retail, e-commerce, apparel & manufacturing.
We are a global company with our US headquarters right outside of Atlanta, GA. We specialize in dock-to-dock automation of the supply chain process for both B2B (Business to Business) and B2C (Business to Consumer.) With over 4,000 people in our group worldwide we are different than most other supply chain automation companies in that over 25% of our solutions are software-based. We also reinvest 7% of our revenues in R&D ensuring a strong and vibrant future! Come help us change the world! For more information, visit www.knapp.com.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Independently prepare projects
- Create, maintain, and improve commissioning documentation
- Prepare and execute factory tests
- Provide support to the customers and other commissioners
- Test and verify functionality of electrical control cabinets
- Monitor compliance with safety guidelines and regulations
- Verify and accept pre-assembled subsystems
- Manage daily work processes
- Install, configure, and commission various subsystems on-site
- Provide electrical support and installation as needed on-site
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues
- Train Customer and maintenance teams
- Correct electrical schematics of the installation based on the final installation on-site
- Support development of new products, when applicable
- Support hotline on-site
- Provide remote hotline support to existing customers
- Ensure that safety requirements are followed properly at the jobsite
- Coordinate daily job duties at the jobsite with all involved parties, the Customer and internal departments
- Recognize feedback given/received and potential for improvement
- Travel is required as follows:
- 60 - 80% travel if traveling to the customer site or 20% travel or less if relocating or local to the customer site
- Mandatory training at our training facility in Kennesaw, Georgia is required during your first 4-6 months of employment
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- A beautiful new, state-of-the-art, office complex in Kennesaw, GA
- Industry competitive compensation
- Great benefits with better than average employer contributions, including health, dental, vision, life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short- & Long-Term Disability and more!
- 401k with a very generous employer match and no vesting!
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Subsidized food delivery
- Monthly celebrations
- Quarterly employee events
- Corporate Social Responsibility including recycling, sustainability and volunteering
2124 Barrett Park Dr.
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.