Summer Accounting Internship - Palmetto GBA
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: November 13, 2020
Organization: Blue Cross &amp; Blue Shield Of South Carolina
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 12 semester hours earned in Accounting and must be currently enrolled in college and working towards obtaining at least a 4-year degree in Accounting.
- PLEASE UPLOAD A COPY OF YOUR UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT(S) WITH RESUME'.
Required Work Experience:
- No previous work experience is required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Analytical or critical thinking skills.
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion.
- Good planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to follow directions and ask questions to ensure a productive internship.
Required Software and Tools:
- Microsoft Office.
- Team orientated office environment.
Intern position utilized for training an active college student towards a professional-level role. Responsibilities vary and are based upon the needs of the area and the experience of the incumbent at the time of employment. This incumbent works under direct supervision and has responsibilities for performing entry-level tasks and for learning professional-level tasks relating to area operations.
30% Completes tasks for maintaining information used in the department. Maintains documents, spreadsheets, databases or related items. Utilizes various systems and tools, performs research and assists with implementations as needed. Follows established procedures.
30% Participates in business unit/department training designed to help this position acquire applicable knowledge/skills in their area of study. Completes area tasks that are conducive to learning the departmental procedures and applying industry/field best practices. May communicate with other areas of the company. May create, present and/or report on area statistics and/or knowledge acquired.
30% Performs tasks that help in learning the business area and which provide an overall view of company operations. Assist other staff members with everyday tasks in order to gain an understanding of business operations and workflow.
10% Completes other assigned area related tasks.
17 Technology Circle
Columbia, SC 29203
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.