Summer Intern – Food Safety and Quality Assurance
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 29, 2020
Organization: Palmetto Processing Solutions, a division of Titan Farms
City: Ridge Spring, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $11.00 to $12.00 /hour Housing provided.
APPLICANT MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN RELEVANT COLLEGE COURSES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
Qualifications and Skills
- Enrolled in relevant college course of study with minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA - REQUIRED
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Ability to complete internship summer of 2020
- Ability to work extended seasonal hours if required (May include evening, nights and weekends)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Strong communication skills
- Microsoft Office skills
Palmetto Processing Solutions, a division of Titan Farms – the largest peach grower on the East Coast, is searching for a summer intern who is interested in pursuing a career in the food industry. The processing facility makes a variety of products including; peach purees, sliced peaches, diced peaches and peach cups. Candidates selected for the summer internship program will be provided with housing and gain a meaningful work experience.
The summer intern will be assigned various job responsibilities and projects that will provide the opportunity to learn about several facets of the operation. The intern will interact directly with the Food Safety Director, Quality Assurance Supervisor, Sanitation Supervisor, Processing Manager and Sales team. The position is full time for the duration of the summer.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities will vary based on current needs of the business but will include:
- Food Safety training to learn Good Manufacturing practices, sanitation requirements, HACCP and Preventive Controls, and other food safety initiatives
- Quality Assurance training to learn product specifications and monitoring activities
- Training with operations team to learn workflow and processes.
- Completing assigned projects and present updates to leadership team.
- Assisting with product and environmental sampling, result interpretation and data trending
- Reviewing production records and various food safety and quality assurance documents
- Assisting sales and processing team with aligning production schedule to meet various product specifications and customer requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
5 R W Dubose Rd
Ridge Springsc, SC 29129
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.