Technical Support Representative (Internet)
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: March 31, 2020
Organization: InSite Support Services, Inc.
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: We offer competitive wages (starting wage up to $10.00/hour based on experience and skills), and benefits, including health insurance and 401(k) retirement with a company match!
Skill and Knowledge Qualifications:
- Proper phone etiquette;
- Ability to speak and write clearly and accurately;
- Demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar;
- Knowledge of relevant software computer applications and equipment;
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices;
- Effective listening skills;
- Willingness to co-operate with others and work to the greater good;
- Multi-tasking capabilities;
- Minimum 12 hours of weekend working availability on a Saturday or Sunday
- Exemplary Attendance and Punctuality
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in personal work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Focuses and guides self and team members in accomplishing work objectives.
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas, through a variety of media, to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience, helping them understand and retain the message, and permitting response and feedback from the listener.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict.
- Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits.
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/professional expertise required to do the job effectively and to create effective customer solutions. Technical/professional expertise is demonstrated through problem solving, applying technical knowledge, and product and service management for the functional area in which employee operates.
- Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and working effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations.
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Position requires use of headset/microphone
Under general supervision, in a 24/7 in-bound call center environment, Technical Support Representatives will provide technical and network problem resolution to end-users (customers) by performing a question diagnosis while guiding users through step-by-step solutions. Solutions include, but are not limited to, resolving username and password problems, uninstalling/reinstalling basic software applications, verifying proper hardware and software set up, power cycling equipment, assisting with navigating around application menus and troubleshooting email issues. Support will be provided by clearly communicating technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner. Representatives will perform related work as required.
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
- Deliver service and support to end-users using and operating automated call distribution phone software, via remote connection or over the Internet;
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services;
- Gather customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms;
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving internet connectivity, email clients, IPTV, VOIP and more;
- Research required information using available resources;
- Follow standard processes and procedures;
- Identify and escalate priority issues per Client specifications;
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource;
- Accurately process and record call transactions using a computer and designated tracking software;
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customers’ and clients’ business;
- Organize ideas and communicate oral messages appropriate to listeners and situations;
- Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers where necessary;
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
Applications with "Wide Open" Scheduling Availability (7a-12a seven days a week) will also be given priority!
All candidates will be contacted either via phone or email upon further review. Please, no phone calls to check on the status of your application; Reply to your application receipt email for further information or updates - Thank You!.
203 Cash Control Rd
Newberry, SC 29108
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.