Tourism Coordinator (Travel Development Coordinator I)
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: July 15, 2020
Organization: SCPRT/Dillon Welcome Center
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $27,311 annually
Associate degree in hospitality, marketing, public relations, retail or closely related field preferred, or high school graduate/GED + two years of customer service and public contact experience in a related field.
- Ability to provide visitors with travel-related information; assist visitors with directions and reservations; stock and inventory literature. Job includes extensive walking, standing and the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Computer skills and some overnight training-related travel required. Strong customer service, oral and written communication skills required.
- Requires lifting up to 50 pounds, travel, inventory duties, and working 37.5 hour rotation with weekends and holidays. Job includes extensive walking and standing. Computer skills and some overnight training-related travel required. Requires strong customer service skills.
- Valid Drivers License or government issued ID required.
Travel Coordinator I's are to provide excellent customer service to every visitor of the Welcome Center, increase visitor spending in South Carolina through front-line information service and promotion of South Carolina destinations, thus influencing current and future visitor travel plans.
- Provide a positive, quality customer service experience to visitors of the Welcome Center.
- Promote destinations and accommodations to visitors in order to extend stays and increase visitor expenditures in South Carolina.
- Expand personal scope of knowledge of South Carolina tourism product and Welcome Center operations by participating in regular training.
- Maintain complete and accurate inventory of literature and promotional materials to support visitor information and customer service efforts.
- Gather and enter traveler research information into database.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Visitor Service staff and partners to ensure program goals and objectives are met. Encourage open communication and practice and promote teamwork within the center and on the Welcome Center grounds.
- Practice and promote teamwork with PRT departments and external tourism partners.
Actual Job Location: Dillon Welcome Center.
37.5 hours weekly.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
195 MM 1-95 Hwy
Hamer, SC 29547
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.